Flores Tour

FLORES TRIP


Like most people, I was guilty of only planning on going to Bali for my first trip to Indonesia. There’s just no denying that that’s usually what all the hype is about, right? But the more I researched, the more I found that there was SO MUCH more to see in Indonesia, including the amazing, Flores Island.

So I dug a little deeper, and found another area of Indonesia that especially caught my attention; Flores Island. Why? Well to be honest, I have this personal goal of going to all of the New 7 World Wonders of Nature, and Flores has one of them; Komodo Island. But additionally, all I had to do was take a peak at the Google Images for the island, and I was hooked.

Have you ever seen different colored volcanic crater lakes in the middle of a jungle before? Or hiked a hill with a birds-eye view of an island that has three different colored sand beaches? For my Game of Thrones fans, animal lovers, and everyone’s inner child; have you ever wanted to see a real dragon in real life? Flores Island in Indonesia has ALL of that, and more!

So how do you get to Flores Island? How in the heck do you get from one side of the island to the other, plus all of the places in between? Everything you could ever possibly want to know.

Let’s just say that it’s a bit of an adventure to get to Flores Island. You’ll first need to fly to Bali, which, I can also give you tips about as well since I’m basically a pro flight price hacker. From my experience, using the flexible search options on the airfare comparison site.

I’ve done full tutorials on how exactly I do this, which you can see in some of my other posts below:
–How to Find the cheapest package tours to flores ?

You have a couple options for where you can fly into, it will mostly just depend on what you want to see first (maybe also factor in weather, time of the week, etc.). We flew into Komodo first, and from Komodo flew to Ende, where we had to take a bus inland in order to see the volcanic crater lakes. Then we continued by bus to the opposite of the island, Maumere, where we caught a flight back to Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment